Mayo Stand Cushion
The Tray Topper is a new device that is transforming the use and functionality of the Mayo stand. The Tray Topper is a soft and stable top cushion for the Mayo stand that is utilized by surgeons across specialties to fulfill their positioning needs. No need to pad the Mayo stand with a combination of blankets and linens; Tray Topper is a radiolucent cushion that can be used as an operating surface or protective padded surface for patient positioning.
- Multi-density foam where the base is a rigid to provide a stable operating surface
- Top layer is a memory foam providing a comfortable and safe surface for patient positioning that helps avoid skin or nerve damage
- Perfect for positioning the lower extremity during hip arthroplasty and ORIF of the hip/pelvis
- Ideal operating surface for hand and wrist procedures
- Radiolucent and can be used without Mayo stand tray to take clear and consistent C-arm images
Sterile bags available for a simple set up.
3 Sizes available to fit all Mayo stands:
- Tray Topper Small fits Mayo stand trays that measure 12”x19” up to 13”x19.625”
- Tray Topper Regular fits Mayo stand trays that measure 16”x21” up to 16.75”x21.5”
- Tray Topper Large fits Mayo stand trays that measure 20”x25”
Note: Mayo stand not included.
Bone Foam Tray Topper
The Mayo stand is an essential piece of equipment in the operating room used throughout the world due to its mobility and versatility. The Tray Topper cushion provides a soft, safe, and stable surface for small procedures of the wrist and hand as well as a positioning platform for the lower extremity during larger cases. The Tray Topper can be used without the tray of the Mayo stand as the base is a cross linked polyethylene foam to provide rigidity, while the surface is memory foam which is soft and safe for patient positioning.
- Designed with the “speed bump” to hold instruments
- 3 sizes available to fit any mayo stand
- Protects extremities from excess pressure
Clinical Insights and Benefits
During ORIF of hip fractures, the soft Tray Topper is used to position the operative leg in an extended position to improve the exposure to the fracture site. Similarly, while the patient is in the lateral decubitus position during a posterior approach total hip arthroplasty, the Tray Topper cushion provides a soft and safe platform to position the operative leg while reducing risk of injury to the patient during the process.
The Tray Topper is covered with a protective vinyl coating that makes it easy to disinfect for repeated use. The Tray Topper is lightweight, easy to store, and can be used with Bone Foam custom sterile bags.
- Radiolucent for easy imaging and can be used without Mayo stand tray
- Soft and stable surface for positioning of both upper and lower extremities during surgery
- Multi-use and mobile operating surface that is easy to sterilize for repeated use
Radiolucent for easy imaging
Our foam is radiolucent and does not leave artifact during imaging. The Tray Topper is composed of multi-density foams where the surface is a comfortable memory foam and the base is a cross linked foam which provides optimal rigidity even without the tray.
Saves valuable O.R. time
Using a consistent and effective method of positioning can save you valuable minutes in the OR. The Tray Topper can be utilized for small procedures such as carpal tunnel surgery, trigger finger release, and Dupuytren’s contracture release. It can also be used as an arm board extension with a regular operating table. The Tray Topper is an optimal mobile positioning surface for the lower extremity while in the lateral position for posterior hip arthroplasty. Similarly, the Tray Topper is ideal for positioning the lower extremity during ORIF of hip and acetabular fractures and provides intermittent hip flexion, extension, and abduction.
Medical grade materials for prolonged use
The Tray Topper composed of a coated, multi-density foam that is soft and safe for the patient. This greatly reduces the risk of pressure sores and injuries related to improper positioning and the use of tape, towels, and linens. The vinyl coating makes the Tray Topper easy to wipe down with disinfectant spray for repetitive use, similar to how the table is cleaned after a procedure. There are also specialized Bone Foam Sterile Bags available for this product.